School 2 Work Webcast Series
Title: Internships: The rubber meets the road in the internship process
Date: May 21, 2015
Time: 2:00 - 3:00 pm ET
Presenter: Susie Rutkowski, Project SEARCH
Through a grant from the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation, Project SEARCH researched over 40 of their program sites that reached 90%–100% employment outcomes. Internship Development is Part 3 in a three part series covering critical information from the researched areas. In this webcast, learn what best practices Project Search programs do in their Internship Development process. The following practices will be covered:
- Have an average of at least 18 internships available to program participants
- Some have many more – one has over 45 internship sites
- Layer on new skills during the internship as previous skills are mastered
- Design internships that provide experience in competitive skills that will lead to employment
- Have Project SEARCH staff that build relationships with internship department managers
Susie Rutkowski is the Co-Director and Educational Specialist for Project SEARCH.
Find out more & Register online (Registration is free but required.)
This webcast is funded by the NIDILRR (#133A120140).