Supported employment program development and research needs: Looking ahead to the year 2000
by Wehman, P., West, M., & Kregel, J.
Article identifying 10 key areas of supported employment policy in which more research is needed for the continued success of the supported employment program:
- consumer choice and self-determination;
- enhancement of meaningful employment outcomes;
- employer needs and perceptions;
- natural supports;
- cost-benefit analysis;
- unserved/underserved populations, including individuals with the most severe disabilities and members of atypical disability groups;
- extended services;
- systems change;
- regulatory changes;
- cooperative agreements and interagency collaboration.
Education and Training in Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities, 34(1), p. 3-19. 1999.