Gov. Tim Kaine
Partnership for Employment
Gov. Tim Kaine, James Rothrock, Sara Wilson
Date: 11/19/2008, 2:00pm Eastern
Register Online (Registration is free but required.)
Introduction by VA Governor Tim Kaine on his commitment for Virginia State Agencies to continue recruiting, accommodating and hiring people with disabilities.
The State of Virginia has taken steps to increase the recruitment of individuals with disabilities into state employment. This webcast will share the success achieved in the past 2 years from the Partnership for Employment program funded by the Virginia Board for People with Disabilities. VCU-RRTC along with the DHRM, DRS, and several local community rehabilitation programs have worked together to provide education, technical assistance and direct placement services which has enhanced the employment opportunities for people with disabilities into state employment. This training will provide you with information on how VCU-RRTC, the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management and DRS are going to continue the efforts to implement the Governors Executive Directive # 8.
- Share information regarding the outcomes of the Partnership for Employment Program funded by the Virginia Board for People with Disabilities
- Hear from Governor Tim Kaine on his commitment for Virginia State Agencies to continue recruiting, accommodating and hiring people with disabilities.
- Share information from the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management (DHRM) and their plans to expand the knowledge and information regarding recruiting and hiring people with disabilities.
- Hear from Jim Rothrock, Commissioner of Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services (DRS) on how DRS can assist state agencies in evaluating and assessing individuals with disabilities for jobs as well as provide consultation on accommodations.
- Provide examples of successful experiences from several state agencies which have employed people with disabilities.
- Share future details of the Governor's Executive Directive on recruiting and hiring people with disabilities in Virginia Government.