Building Effective Business Relationships
Date: 8/24/2005, 2:00pm Eastern
Register Online (Registration is free but required.)
Opening the Door: "An Insider's Perspective on How to Create Interest on the Part of Business and Industry".
Erin Riehle and Fred Kramer will discuss strategies for approaching business and industry and creating interest in hiring people with disabilities. The presentation will focus on:
- Results: What do you want business and industry to do?
- Partnership Criteria: What does a business look for in a partner?
- Target Audience: Who are you ultimately trying to reach?
- Framing the Message: What is a Frame and how do you build frames that business understands?
- Messages and Messengers: What and who?
- Ongoing persuasion: How to keep the conversation alive once the initial meeting is over.
J. Erin Riehle, MSN, RN is a recognized authority and national leader in promoting employment opportunities for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment. She is a founder and Co-Director of Project SEARCH, an employment program that has received national recognition for innovative practices pioneered under Ms. Riehle's guidance.
Fred G. Kramer is the Director of Marriott International's Hourly Talent Management Department. His career with Marriott began in January 1981 in hotel operations, where he spent four years in various Human Resources capacities. He transferred from hotels to Marriott's corporate office where he spent two years with the Community Employment and Training Department, focusing on the Targeted Jobs Tax Credit programs. In August 1997, he become the Director for the Community Employment and Training Department for Marriott International. Then, in July 2001, he became Director in the Hourly Talent Management Department.