The course will cover these topics and more.
- Personal Profiles
- Informational Interviewing
- Job Negotiations
- Employment Proposals
- Funding Strategies
Learning Objectives: After taking this course, a participant will be able to:
- Describe the principles that illustrate organizational commitment to customized employment.
- Describe the role of a personal representative.
- Explain the discovery process and why it is the foundation of job development.
- Discuss ways to learn about businesses' employment needs.
- Describe ways to a create job to meet a person's ideal conditions of employment and benefit the workplace.
- Discuss possible ways to negotiate a job.
- Describe various funding sources.
Lesson 1: Overview of Customized Employment
Lesson 2: Job Seeker Exploration
Lesson 3: Employer Negotiations
Lesson 4: Funding Customized Employment
- Customized Employment: Dr. Amy Armstrong
- Discovery: Michael Callahan
- Person Centered Planning: Dr. Amy Armstrong
- Job Negotiation: Pam Targett
- Creative Employment Strategies: Dr. Wendy Parent
- Achieving Customized Employment Outcomes Using Diversified Funding: Nancy Brooks-Lane
- Partnering with One-Stops to Facilitate Customized Employment Outcomes: Maggie Leedy and Lisa Cuozzo
Course Structure: The course consists of four lessons; each lasts one week. A new lesson is made available Monday morning by 9:00 a.m. E.T. The course web site is always available, and a participant may log into the course at any time in order to view content, listen to the lectures, and complete the assignments. Each lesson will require 4 hours of staff time to complete. Please note that our online offerings are intensive, and we do not recommend taking more than one of these courses concurrently.
Course Credit: A participants can earn 1.6 CEUs or 16 CRCs upon course completion. Also, a certificate of completion will be issued to a participant who completes all course assignments.
Technical Requirements: A participant's computer must have Adobe Acrobat Reader (free software), and Flash Player (free software). A participant will be able to log on to the course at any time of the day and access the audio lectures. Each person MUST have an individual e-mail account. If the individual does not already have an account, a free one can be set up through http://www.hotmail.com. We send updates on the course activities and feedback on course activities through e-mail contact