Supported Employment Web-Based Certificate Series
|October 30, 2017 - January 15, 2018|
|The registration cut-off date for this course is October 25, 2017. Please register early since the course fills quickly and we cannot add people after the cut-off date. Thanks!|
Individual rate: $325 per person
Group rate: $1300 for 5 registrants, $260 for each additional registrant
Participant cancellations will be accepted during the first week
of the course with a full refund of the registration fee.
There will be NO refunds or participant
substitutions after the first week.
For the course section beginning on October 30, 2017, the final day to request a refund will be November 3, 2017.
The series will cover these topics and more.
- Supported Employment
- Customized Employment
- Situational Assessment
- Job Development
- Workplace Supports
- Job-site Training
- Assistive Technology
- Long-term Support
- Social Security Work Incentives
Learning Objectives: As a result of taking the series, a participant will be able to:
- Discuss the federal policy and historical overview of supported employment.
- Describe Discovery and the importance of getting to know the job seeker.
- Define the components of a customer profile to include situational assessments, vocational evaluations, and functional resumes.
- Illustrate an understanding of job development for career paths by developing a job search plan for a potential supported employment customer.
- Match a customer's strengths with the prospective employer's business needs.
- Discuss the various job-site training strategies (e.g., natural cues, workplace supports, compensatory strategies, instructional strategies, assistive technology) and their applications.
- Define the features of a high quality long-term support plan.
- Describe the various alternative funding sources for supported employment.
- Discuss the impact of working on benefits.
Lesson 1: Federal Policy and Historical Perspective
Lesson 2: Customer Profile and Employment Selection
Lesson 3: Organizational Marketing and Job Development
Lesson 4: Job-Site Training
Lesson 5: Long-Term Support
Lesson 6: Funding
- Quality Indicators of Supported Employment: Paul Wehman
- Values to Practice: Katherine Inge
- Discovering Personal Genius: Cary Griffin
- Job Analysis: Dr. Katherine Inge
- Adding Value to Business: Erin Riehle
- Setting the Stage for Success: Natural Cues, Supports, and Compensatory Strategies: Katherine Inge
- Long Term Supports: Vicki Brooke
- Supported Employment Funding:Â Grant Revell
- Social Security Disability Programs & Work Incentives: Jennifer McDonough
Course Structure: The course consists of six lessons each lasts two weeks, giving participants ample time to complete the assignments. A new lesson is made available every other Monday morning by 9:00 a.m. E.T. The course web site is always available, and a participant may log in at any time in order to view content, listen to the lectures, and complete the assignments. Each lesson will require 6 - 8 hours of staff time to complete. Please note that our online offerings are intensive, and we do not recommend taking more than one of these courses concurrently.
Course Credit: A participant can earn 3.5 CEUs or 35 CRCs upon course completion. Also, a certificate of completion will be issued to a participant who completes all course assignments. If a participant wishes to earn the ACRE certificate, an additional 5 hours of training is required beyond the basic certificate. Those who complete the basic certificate will receive information on how to earn these extra 5 hours of training.
Technical Requirements: A participant's computer must have Adobe Acrobat Reader (free software), and Flash Player (free software Each participant MUST have an individual e-mail account, If the individual does not already have an account, a free one can be set up through http://www.hotmail.com. We send updates on the course activities and feedback on course activities through e-mail contact. A participant must be able to receive and send messages in order to benefit from this online experience.